Yay! My second award came from Irene at The Soapbox. It’s The Incredibly Sweet Blog Award. How cool is that?
I love Irene ‘cos she has a wicked sense of humour and isn’t afraid to say what she thinks. Her blog posts always have me laughing out loud, or, as I like to call it – lolling.
For this one I must share 5 facts about myself:
- I’m a whizz with power tools: I’ve made all my own bookcases, shelving units, picture frames and garden planters. They’re all a bit wonkey, but I prefer to think of it as character… 😉
- Like Bernie, I have one of those faces. Complete strangers love to tell me stuff I really don’t need to hear! My favourite story came from a 70-odd-year-old woman outside our local hospital. I sat down next to her to make a phone call, and before I even had a chance to dial the number, she was halfway through the story of her husband’s impotence problems. Poor soul was gutted because she wasn’t getting any, and was on the verge of leaving hubby to find a younger man! Was I gobsmacked? I think so!
- A couple of years ago I threw a mega tantrum in the street because my boys wouldn’t stop bickering or poking each other. I laid down and started punding my fists and feet on the pavement – all the time, wailing, ‘It’s not fair! I’m sick of this! Waaaaaahhhhh!’ The boys nearly died of embarrassment – especially when one of their teachers tried to squeeze past me!
It shut ’em up, though… 😉
- I’m currently co-writing a pantomime with a friend. We’ve thrown together a load of fairytale characters, each on a quest for something different. I desperately want to play the lecherous ugly sister, but I don’t think I can co-manage and be on stage.
Also, I’ve never actually acted before. I may just take one look at the audience and poo myself…
- None of last year’s summer clothes will fit me! *shocked face* We’ve been having some gorgeous warm weather (blink and you’ll miss it – those five days were probably the whole of our glorious British summer) and I tried to put on a pair of three-quarter length trousers. Gasp! Horror! There was a good five inches of gap between the button and the button-hole! I tried yanking – nope! I tried breathing in – nope! Lying down – nope! Pliers – nope! Arrgghhhh! I think it’s because I’ve been so worn out and for a quick energy boost, I’ve been stuffing chocolate. And biscuits. And cake. And Kit-Kats… Oops!
Thanks, Irene 🙂 Now to pass on The Incredibly Sweet Blog Award:
- What Would Jen Do? – she’s interesting, funny and hosts the most wonderful Shirtless Friday posts…
- Truly Simply Pink – purely for being so PINK! And cool! And having a cute cat!!
- It’s Own Sweet Will – I’ve just discovered Lisa’s blog, and it’s funny! She has a fab sense of humour!
Hope you’ve enjoyed, and will visit my awardees and show these gals some bloggy love!