Irene from The Soapbox is dead right when she says that some blogs receive accolades from being featured on the WordPress Freshly Pressed homepage, and others receive it from their subscribers. We all know which mention means more.
There’s a lot of controversy about ‘online friendships’: critics say we’re all pathetic sadsacks who have no social skills, and spend their lives hiding behind computer screens because we’re too scared to go out in the world and form ‘real’ relationships. Well I say, Bollocks! That’s just internet dating!
I’ve ‘met’ some great people through blogging and other social networking sites – people I now call friends, and my life is richer for it. I say, Thanks, mates, for all your support, your love, your humour, conversation and for each and every photo of hot, half-naked guy you’ve ever posted!
To have two – yes, two! – awards in the same weekend was just stupendously awesome! (See how I blended the English ‘stupendous’ with the American ‘awesome’ ? I know how to integrate cultures and promote World Peace.)
Alicia over on McCrenshaw’s Newest Thoughts gave me The Stylish Blogger Award and I’m honoured to receive it a second time. Does this make me doubly stylish? I love Alicia’s blog – she’s so fresh and writes with a gentle humour that always makes me smile.
To accept this award, I must share seven things about myself:
- I swear way too much, but I guess you’ve already noticed that one… 😉
- I love colour – the brighter the better – it’s so stimulating and invigorating. My bedroom is currently painted fucshia-pink and turquoise, and I love it! I once had to spend three months in a rented house that was wall-to-wall magnolia, and I was suicidal by the time we had to leave!
- I hate having my photo taken; I always end up looking absolutely gormless – either my eyes are half-closed or rolling like I’m stoned, or my gob’s hanging open like I’ve lost my brain! I hate, loathe and detest it with a passion!
- I hold ‘grudges’ for years – not in a childish I’ll-Make-You-Sorry! kind of way, but if someone acts so badly, abusing my friendship or my trust so much, I just cut them out of my life. I don’t have the inclination, nor the energy to waste on dishonourable people. And don’t think it’s one strike and you’re out, I’m talking about repeated disrespectful behaviour.
- I believe in love and fairytale Happy Endings – just not for me. I truly think I’m supposed to live my life alone. And unloved, discarded by society, thrown away like a flaccid, used condom… (Aren’t you glad I’m not adding a photo to this one! 🙂 )
- My great ambition was to write romantic comedy novels, until one day, my uni tutor said, ‘You can do funny, love, but you truly suck at telling stories!’
Hey, don’t sit on that fence, mister, say what you really feel…
- Finally, I’ve got quite a ‘thing’ about bald men – all that smooth, silky skin that only you, as a girlfriend, get to touch. It’s so intimate, so sexy! Well, from what I can remember, of course…
Thank you, Alicia! Now to pass on the award to bloggers I haven’t featured before:
Danny Llama – Dan travels all over the world and tells some fascinating stories!
Freaky Frugalite – Rebecca posts about all sorts of stuff and it’s always interesting and funny!
Marina Sleeps – I’m new to this one, but I love her! She has a great sense of humour and says it the way it is!
Pretty Fly For a Blind Guy – another one with wicked humour, but he needs to post more often! Hint, hint!
Talia – a brand new blog set up by Vicki – it’s a taster for a new women’s fashion magazine and somebody quite gorgeous and talented will be writing a column for it. Oh, and I will be, too! Would be great if you could hop over and show some bloggy-lurve.
Gosh! A second Award tomorrow! 🙂